THE PAPER WORK
Your privacy is protected.
When we collect personal information
TISSOLLI collects the following types of information, and considers all information that could identify you directly or indirectly as personal information:
- Information about your identity: name; address; postal code; place of residence; address; (mobile) phone number; email address; other personal information.
- A Users’ financial information including banking details and invoice information.
- Correspondence sent by a User which is of a private or confidential nature.
- Payment behavior.
- Consent records.
- Credit and financial risk information.
- Banking and credit card details for the explicit use of purchasing products from our website.
- Family or relationships.
- Social media profiles.
- Subscribing to our newsletter.
- Logging an enquiry with our website.
- Information about our commercial relationship, your enquiries or communication with us or third parties, your preferences, opinions and interest.
The supply of personal information by the User to TISSOLLI is voluntary and not mandatory. However, if the User refuses to supply personal information, certain consequences may naturally flow from your refusal, such as preventing TISSOLLI from concluding or performing any contract with the User or preventing TISSOLLI from complying with one or more of its obligations in law.
There are certain laws which require or authorize TISSOLLI to collect a User’s personal information, including the National Credit Act 34 of 2005 and regulations and directives issued under this Act.
Purpose for collection and processing personal information
TISSOLLI shall only collect a User’s personal information for a specific, explicitly defined and lawful purpose relating to an activity or function of TISSOLLI’S business:
- To contact you via email, message or phone.
- Website administration.
- To provide relevant content.
- To manage your requests (including complaints, right to access, rectify, oppose and removal of personal information)
- To enter a contract with a User including the undertaking to provide a product or service; and
- To perform any obligations under a contract with a User.
- To comply with our regulatory or other legal obligations.
- To perform our duties in terms of any agreement with you.
- To make, or assist in making, credit decisions about you and to verify your details that you have provided to us.
- To operate and manage your account and manage any application, agreement or correspondence with us.
- To activate warranty on a cookware purchase.
- When requesting further services or information.
- When subscribing to or contacting for a service.
- When contacting TISSOLLI to report a problem with the website or for any other reasons.
- When lodging a complaint out a product.
- When completing forms on the website.
- When engaging with TISSOLLI via social media platforms, including messaging and meeting platforms.
- To manage customer relationships, including newsletters, surveys, the processing of such information is made subject to your approval.
- To customize and display content to the User in a way that TISSOLLI feels may interest the User or is most beneficial to them.
- Market research, business analysis and the building of marketing or credit models.
- To notify User about changes to the website or services.
- To comply with legal requirements based on law and regulation, and where appropriate for the prevention and detection of fraud.
The User may visit the website without providing any personal information. However, the website’s servers may still collect technical information regarding to the use of the website, which is aggregated for analytical purposes, technical maintenance and for improving the content offered on the website. Such information may include details of the User’s visit, information about the User’s computer, including IP (Internet Protocol) address, operating system and browser type, the User’s location, and usage information. The data may be collected using Cookies.
- Remember the User’s last session when they return to the website.
- Distinguish one user from another on the website.
- Estimate the website’s usage pattern and audience size.
- Store information about the User’s preferences, which allows TISSOLLI to customize the website and content according to user’s individual preference.
- Speed up searches on the website.
- Enable essential cookies that are used to navigate the website necessary for the functioning of the website.
Sharing Personal Information:
TISSOLLI will not sell, transfer or trade to third parties your personal identifiable information unless we provide the user with advance notice and have consent, except as described below.
We have trusted relationships with third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf. We will share information with them on a need-to-know basis and subject to a contract to maintain the security and confidentiality of your personal information and to use it for our specified purposes only.
- Suppliers and third-party providers, for the purposes of concluding or performing any services or transaction with a user, share certain personal information with third party operators who perform certain processing activities on our behalf.
- Payment service providers.
- Transport Providers – for delivery purposes only.
- Your information may be shared with other domestic entities of TISSOLLI for marketing purposes. If you do not want your personal information shared, you may send an email to email@example.com.
- TISSOLLI may disclose your information to third parties, if required to do so by court, law or legislation (for example tax and custom administration, holders of intellectual property, supervisory authorities, the police or other legal entities).
- We will not disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or third parties without a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure, except when TISSOLLI believes in good faith that the disclosure of such information is necessary and legitimate to protect the safety or rights of a third party or to protect our rights.
TISSOLLI, will for as long as personal information is used, and for a period a reasonable period, thereafter, keep a record of any third party to whom personal information was disclosed, the date of the disclosure and the purpose of the disclosure.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information in accordance with the required retention periods in law or for legitimate business purposes. We will only retain your personal information for the purposes explicitly set out in this policy. Personal information linked to an account may be retained until the deletion of the account.
We will destroy and/or delete any personal information which has become obsolete.
Protection of Personal Information
We are committed to protecting your personal information and will take all reasonable internal technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss of damage or unauthorised access to and the unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction of your personal information. We also have physical and electronic access controls to our buildings and only authorise access to information to those employees who require it to fulfil their designated responsibilities.
Any card information you enter on our website is encrypted and protected with industry-standard encryption software – Transport Layer Security (“TLS”). This software scrambles information transmitted across the internet, including your credit card number and name. In addition, your payment details are stored in an encrypted format on the MyGate server – a registered, secure, Level 1 PCI compliant Payment Service Provider. None of it is saved on our site or server.
Links to other websites:
Your rights you have over your personal information and data.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. You have the right to access, rectify, limit, oppose and delete personal information about you. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Right of access: the right to be informed of and request access to the personal information that we process about you.
- Right to rectification: you may request that your personal information be amended or updated where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure the right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to applicable limitations and exceptions.
- Right to restrict processing: you may request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing your personal information.
- Right to object: you may object to us processing your personal information, including to object to your personal information being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making: where a decision that has a legal or other significant effect is based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, you may, subject to certain exceptions, or request that your personal information not be processed in that manner.
You may, on reasonable grounds, object to us using your information. If you object, we will stop using your information, except if the law allows its continued use.
If you have a complaint related to the processing of personal information by us, please submit your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. We will review complaints and questions within four weeks. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator Website: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/ or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org