4 – 6
This recipe is easy to make and prepare and will make you look like a pro in the kitchen. Serve with chips and a sauce of your choice
For the Fillet:
1 packet (500 g) coarse salt
150g of butter
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 beef fillet (about 1,6kg)
500 ml (2 c) finely chopped fresh herbs such as basil, parsley, sage and rosemary
Preheat the oven grill and put the rack in the centre of the oven.
- Sprinkle the salt in the bottom of a roasting tin, covering it completely. Melt the butter with the garlic over a low heat in a small saucepan.
- Pat the fillet dry with paper towels and brush with the garlic butter.
- Roll the fillet in the finely chopped herbs coating it completely.
- Put the fillet on the bed of salt. Brush the top with more garlic butter. Grill the fillet for 7-10 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and turn the fillet. Brush with garlic butter again and grill for another 7- 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer the fillet to a serving platter. Leave the meat to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into 2cm thick slices.
Share this recipe: