Tender Juicy Prawns in a creamy garlic sauce.
- 110g uncooked rice
- 300g butter or 30g oil
- 16 prawns peeled and deveined
- 4 large garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 250ml thickened cream
- 1 tbsp finely shredded basil
- Cook rice according to the directions on the packet. Drain and keep warm.
- heat butter or oil in a frying pan or large saucepan over a medium-heat.
- Add prawns and cook for a couple of minutes, until prawns have just changed colour but are not completely cooked through. Turn prawns once during cooking.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, being careful not to brown garlic (it can develop a bitter flavour).
- Add cream and increase the heat so that the mixture is simmering rapidly.
- While the sauce is reducing (keep an eye on the sauce to ensure it doesn’t reduce too much), spoon one quarter of the rice into a mould with about 1/3 cup capacity, use a round mould.
- Using the back of a spoon, firmly press the rice into the mould. Invert mould onto a serving plate, tap on mould to release rice and lift the mould away. Repeat with remaining rice.
- Simmer sauce until it has thickened to the desired consistency and prawns are cooked through.
- Stir in basil and remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately.
Share this recipe: